My competitiveness has gotten me in trouble.
I am pretty competitive but the good kind where I am a good loser and can be happy for the winner but I really, really like winning too.
So I was at dinner with some friends we started talking about the St. George, Utah marathon and how the registration was almost closed and before you know it I challenged my friend to a race if we got into the marathon. What!!!???? As if I wasn't busy enough!
We have had similar marathon times but seriously there are lots of reasons why I am the underdog and here and they are:
1. My friend is a male.
2. He has already been training for a marathon which he is running this weekend.
3. I haven't ran in 2 years.
4. Did I mention I haven't ran in 2 years yet?
5. Did I mention he is running one this weekend?
So now I have to switch gears from super lazy person to super training athlete and watch everything I put into my body and actually start running.
I won't lie, St. George is a lottery marathon, so I was secretly hoping we wouldn't get in.
I have two options:
1. To take this seriously and have a ton of fun and kick his a#*. (It would be so awesome.)
2. Do my typical pathetic training where I take off the next few months and by September (the race is in October) quickly start to run and then at least finish the marathon.
I am going for option 1. Wish me luck. Everybody loves the underdog right?
Training starts today.